4 Pint Jars
So what do you do with all of that summer squash your neighbor keeps bringing you? Make these delicious Zucchini refrigerator pickles of course!
This delightful, and easy to prepare recipe makes a tasty side dish to almost any camping or picnic meal you might serve.
You will need 4 pint sized canning jars with lids or something equivalent, and it should keep in the refrigerator for about 4 weeks.
I like to use both dark and light mustard seeds for color, but it’s not necessary.
Have some extra Jalapenos? Try pickling them too!
Zucchini and Yellow Squash Refrigerator Pickles
4 Pint Jars
- In a saucepan, add the vinegar,water, brown sugar, and salt
- Bring to a simmer until everything is dissolved.
- Slice the Zucchini and squash very thin, using a mandoline if possible.
- To each pint jar, add 1/2 of the liquid, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 2 teaspoons of mustard seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
- Close the lid of each jar tightly, and shake to combine all of the ingredients
- Stuff each jar with an equal amount of yellow squash and zucchini slices until the liquid is close to the top of the jar.
- While the brine is still hot, close the lid tightly, shake again, and store in your refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.