1 hr 30 mins
This delicious and easy Scalloped Potatoes recipe is easy to make, and can be served with virtually any main course
The high water content in the potatoes and onions allow you to use a more direct heat without burning the dish. It is normal and quite tasty to have the bottom layer of potatoes get dark and crispy.
These Scalloped Potatoes also make a great side to my Bratwurst with Apple and Onions
Fire Roasted Scalloped Potatoes
1 hr 30 mins
Ingredients for Camping Recipes Everyday Seasoning
- Cut the potatoes and onions into thin slices (thinner than au gratin).
- Slice the butter into pats about the same thickness as the potatoes and onions.
- Make a foil “bowl” about the size of a dinner plate, leaving enough extra foil to seal up the ingredients.
- Single layer the ingredients in the order below, until you have used everything.
- Butter, potatoes, onions, season to taste, and repeat with additional layers until you have used everything.
- Seal the foil bowl at the top to trap the steam (think Hershey's Kiss shape).
- Place the food on a grate over medium coals, or near the edge of the coal bed, rotating as needed to heat evenly.
- The potatoes are done when the top layer is soft, and the bottom is crunchy.