There is little debate that fresh ground chuck makes the most delicious hamburgers. This burger recipe brings you the perfect blend of ingredients to bring out the natural flavor of the fresh ground chuck.
If you do not have your own grinder at home, you can usually ask your butcher to grind it for you. Look for a nice looking roast that has some, but not too much fat running through it.
For a real treat, pair this burger recipe with my Roasted Corn on The Cob
Tip: if you are you are using a higher quality beef, you can reduce the amount of garlic powder below.
Ground Chuck Burger Recipe
- If possible, grind the chuck coarsely to give it a meatier texture.
- Mix the egg white, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Add the cracker crumbs and the ground chuck and mix together well.
- Refrigerate the burger mixture for at least 30 minutes before forming into 1/3 pound patties.
- Cook the patties to the desired doneness over an open fire, or in a hot skillet with a little canola oil.
- Let the burger rest for about 5 minutes before serving on a fresh Brioche or Kaiser bun.