The next time you are camping with friends, surprise them with the best chili recipe they have ever had.
After all every great camp cook should be able to pull a delicious chili recipe from the back of the Chuck wagon, and this is nothing short of that.
If you have an iron pot, or dutch oven to hang over the fire with a tripod or cantilever, this would great recipe to build up your “outdoor cred” with your camping buddies.
I use “Fiesta” chili powder for mine, which can be found in most bulk spice sections of your local grocery.
As always, don’t forget that you can do a lot of prep at home before you head out.
Best Chili Recipe
- Heat a 4 qt stock pot or dutch oven on medium high.
- Add the onions and the ground chuck and brown until the meat is almost cooked, and the onions are soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until blended.
- Cover and bring to a slow simmer over the fire, coals or camp stove.
- Cook for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.